In my blog post, read about my search for the perfect diamond engagement ring, how I discovered Moissanite, and how I built my perfect engagement ring using ecofriendly Moissanite.
Build Your Own EcoFriendly Solitaire Engagement Ring
Finding the Stone
- Purchase your loose Moissanite stone. I used MoissaniteCo and they were great.
- I selected a 0.5 carat stone because I have small hands and wanted a dainty look.
Finding the Setting
- Purchase your setting. I used Adiamor due to their excellent pricing.
- When adding your setting to the shopping cart, it will ask you questions about your stone: Would you like to add a center stone?” Click No. “Do you know the specifics of your center stone?” Click Yes.
- Enter the number of prongs, the carat weight of your stone, and the cut of your stone (mine was a round cut).
On Adiamor, there is a charge to buy the setting without a stone. For me, it was $37. I think it’s because they need to adjust the ring head to fit your stone. That’s why it’s important to specify the correct stone size during check-out!
My finished ring:
Total cost: $605. Read my cost breakdown here.
What I liked about working with Adiamor: They call to confirm the details of your order, and will tell you the timeline for production, shipping, and delivery. They are based in Los-Angeles. The customer support specialists were efficient and friendly.
What I liked about working with MoissaniteCo: Great customer service, transparency, and simple, no-frills packaging. The stone was perfect and came with an official certificate from Charles & Colvard.
Hot tip: When you purchase an engagement ring from Adiamor, you can take advantage of their Refer a Friend program to receive a discount on the wedding ring.